- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks
- Cane sugar, as garnish
- Extra cinnamon, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F and thaw Cookie Dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Work the softened dough into a ball then roll the dough flat, so it’s about a 1/2-inch thick (it’s okay if less).
- Use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter to start creating your cookies and place them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Feel free to roll excess dough into a ball and flatten to make extra shapes.
- Place in the refrigerated 5-10 minutes so shapes set.
- Bake cookies between 11-15 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Once cookies have baked, allow to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, make your cinnamon glaze by whisking together confectioners sugar, water and cinnamon until thick and creamy.
- Transfer the cinnamon glaze to a sealable plastic bag and snip the corner of the bag off to create a make-shift piping bag.
- Pipe curved lines from top to bottom of a pumpkin cookie, until it resembles a pumpkin design. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Next, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals, stirring in between each microwaving period, until melted. Transfer the melted chocolate to a sealable plastic bag and snip the corner of the bag off to create a make-shift piping bag.
- Pipe an elegant chocolate swirl design on the top of each pumpkin.
- Garnish the cookies with a sprinkle of cane sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!
Store in a container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Gluten Free, Sweet Loren’s