Chocolate Protein Iced Sugar Cookies with Sunflower Butter Cup Topping
We teamed up with our friends at Sano and Free2b for our latest dessert collab. Presenting these Chocolate Protein Iced Sugar Cookies with a Sunflower Butter Cup topping!
These flavor-packed, clean-ingredient cookies feature some of our favorites! These cookies include a Sugar Cookie base, a layer of chocolate protein flavored icing, and a Sunflower Butter Cup topping.
Guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup your favorite buttercream/frosting of choice or whipped cream (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1-2 tablespoons Sano chocolate protein powder
- 4 – 6 Dark Free2b Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place cookie portions 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Cool cookies on a wire cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix protein powder with frosting until combined. Add more or less protein powder depending on how much chocolate you like in your frosting.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate frosting onto each cookie, in even layer.
Sprinkle chopped Sunflower Butter Cups over the frosting of each cookie. Enjoy!
These cookies can be stored in a container in the fridge for 3-4 days.