Chocolate Peppermint Brookies
Our friend Jazz, @recipes4health, continues to exceed expectations with her Chocolate Peppermint Brookies! These ooey-gooey festive Brookies will leave you craving them all year round.
Photos & recipe by @recipes4health.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 325°F and let Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Place the Fudgy Brownie cookie dough portions into a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Use your hands to flatten out the dough until it covers the base of the pan (will be about ½” thick).
- Place Sugar cookie dough portions on top of the Fudgy Brownie base.
- Flatten out the Sugar cookie dough similar to how you did the Fudgy Brownie so there are two layers.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed, until golden on top.
- Cool brownie pan on a wire baking rack until room temperature.
- Combine chocolate chips, coconut oil, and peppermint extract in a microwave-safe bowl or a small pot. Heat on the stove over medium-low heat or in the microwave for 30-second intervals, until completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the baked brookie and top with crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set the chocolate before cutting into bars and serving. Enjoy!