Chocolate Dipped Heart Cookies
Have fun decorating these Chocolate Dipped Heart Cookies by Arielle, @glutenfreegalpal using our Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough!
Recipe & photos by @glutenfreegalpal.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sprinkles of choice, as garnish
- Gluten free flour
- Remove Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough from the fridge and soften, at room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 325°F and flour your work surface with 1-2 tablespoons of flour.
- As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie dough portions together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
- Grab your rolling pin and start rolling. Roll the dough out until it’s about ½ inch thick.
- Using your cookie cutters, cut out your cookies into heart shapes and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Once you have all your cookies cut out, place the tray into the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or freeze for 5 minutes, until the dough feels hard to the touch.
- Bake for about 11-14 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- While the cookies cool, melt chocolate & coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat or microwave until melted, at 30 second intervals.
- Dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.
- Place dipped cookies on a wire baking rack or parchment-lined baking sheet & set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!