Cacao Crepes with Fudgy Brownie Gingerbread Man Cookies
These Cacao Crepes with Fudgy Brownie Gingerbread Man Cookies are the ultimate breakfast treat!
Thank you to Marissa from @itsallgoodvegan for sharing her fabulous Cacao Crepes with Sweet Loren’s gingerbread man cookies.
- 2 portions of Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1 ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free flour blend)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ⅛ teaspoons nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola oil or coconut oil are good choices)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, to brush the pan
- Extra flour, for rolling out cookie dough
- Coconut whipped cream or dairy free yogurt, as filling
- Toppings: chocolate, raspberries or pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Allow the Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour onto your counter and roll out each piece of cookie dough until about ¼ inch in thickness.
- Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to make 2 cookie cutouts.
- Place the Fudgy Brownie Gingerbread men onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes. Then, allow the cookies to cool completely while you prepare the crepe batter.
- To make the crepe batter, whisk together the flour, milk, cacao powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, oil, in a large bowl until a thin batter is formed. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large non stick pan on medium heat. Using a small amount of butter to brush the pan using a brush or a paper towel.
- Using a ladle scoop (about 4 tablespoons) pour the batter to the hot pan.
- Lift up the battered pan and slowly tilt the pan allowing the batter to create a thin layer on the surface.
- Cook crepe on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat the crepe cooking process until all the batter has been used.
- Stuff each crepe with coconut whipped cream or dairy-free yogurt and top with chocolate, raspberries, pomegranate jewels, and fudgy brownie cookies. Serve immediately.