Blueberry Bars with Sugar Cookie Crust
Introducing our Blueberry Bars using Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough!
These Blueberry Bars are easy-to-make and a crowd-pleaser. They feature a Sugar Cookie crust, an irresistible blueberry filling, and old fashioned oats & sugar cookie crumble. Gluten free, vegan, and simple ingredient cookie bars never tasted so good!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot starch or corn-starch
- ⅓ cup cane sugar or sugar or your choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Press 8 of the 12 discs from the Sugar Cookie package into a parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Bake about 13-15 minutes until lightly golden on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Once the cookie base is baked, cool it on a wire baking rack for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the blueberries, starch, sugar, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Pour the blueberry filling mixture over the baked sugar cookie crust. Set aside on the counter.
- Next, knead together the remaining three discs of cookie dough with the old fashioned oats.
- Crumble this oatmeal-sugar cookie mixture over the top of the blueberry filling.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until blueberries have burst and are bubbly.
- Cool it on a wire baking rack for 25 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into 12 bars.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.