Our friend Lauren, from @laurenpereztpa shares her recipe for these Peanut Butter Sugar Cookie Truffles, perfect for the holiday season!
Recipe & photos by Lauren, @laurenpereztpa.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (or butter of choice)
- 1 package peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking; set aside.
- Place cookie dough portions on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13 minutes, until the cookies are mostly cooked but still a bit gooey.
- While baked cookies are still warm, add the cookies and cream cheese to a large mixing bowl (of an electric mixer, recommended). Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth & combined.
- Roll sugar cookie mixture into small balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine butter and peanut butter chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 second increments until mixture is smooth. Stir mixture completely until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter chips on top of each sugar cookie ball.
- Immediately decorate with sprinkles & refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!