Who wants a slice of this boozy Cherry Vanilla Rum Tart?
For her latest gluten-free deliciousness, our friend Danielle @thesaltycooker baked up this flavorful Cherry Vanilla Rum Tart with a Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie crust.
Recipe & photos by @thesaltycooker.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1, 10 ounce bag frozen cherries
- 1 cup vanilla rum
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces almond paste
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 large egg
- Sliced almonds, as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a large tart pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Allow cookie dough to sit at room temperature, about 20 minutes, until it becomes soft to the touch.
- Press the cookie dough into the grease tart pan to cover the bottom and sides.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool before adding almond filling.
- In a medium saucepan add 1 cup of rum. Allow to cook out over low heat a bit (be super careful of any flames if they appear) and add 1/4 cup of sugar and mix.
- Add your cherries & turn the stove to medium heat. Cook for approx 5-10 mins until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Next, add the almond paste, vanilla extract, arrowroot and egg to a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the almond-paste filling to the tart and spread into an even layer.
- Spoon the cooked cherries over the filling.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until almond filling has risen some and is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely. You can drizzle the leftover cherry sauce on top & sprinkle almonds. Enjoy!