HOMEMADE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE SANDWICHES WITH CREAMY CINNAMON VANILLA FROSTING
Snickerdoodles are a classic that we can't get enough of this time of the year. They are so easy to make with our Sugar Cookie Dough! We promise you'll love the homemade frosting too to make these delicious cookie sandwiches.
- 1 package of Sweet Loren's Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
Vanilla Cinnamon Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
Vanilla Cinnamon Frosting Directions:
Place ingredients in a food processor, process until smooth and creamy. Use immediately. If frosting gets solid, just warm up to liquify before being able to drizzle or spoon on to your favorite finished baked goods. It will keep covered in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Sandwich Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325F, and let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Make cinnamon sugar mixture by combining cinnamon and sugar in a bowl, mixing well.
- Coat each cookie dough disc in the cinnamon sugar mixture until all sides are covered.
- Place cookies on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper for easy clean up!)
- Bake around 13-15 minutes until lightly golden brown on top, and cookies have spread.
- Take out, and let cool.
- Make the Vanilla Cinnamon Frosting by placing all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of frosting on the bottom of one of the cookies, and stack another on top to make a snickerdoodle cookie sandwich.
- Repeat until all the cookies become sandwiches. Refrigerate for later, or enjoy immediately!
Notes from Loren:
*Dip Snickerdoodle Sandwiches half way in chocolate for an extra special treat
*Depending on how much cinnamon you like, double coat cookie dough before baking!
*Add 1 scoop collagen protein powder to the frosting if you'd like an added beauty boost!
Please share your delicious and clean ingredient Snickerdoodle creations! Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself