Who knew chocolate and coconut would pair perfectly with our comforting oatmeal cranberry cookie
This is a quick and easy way to turn our Sweet Loren's Oatmeal Cranberry cookie dough into an extraordinary, elegant and delicious treat. Chocolate pairs so well with the oatmeal, and the shredded coconut adds a nice texture, and the cranberries balance all with a sweet-tartness. The combination of the nutty crunch of the cookie and the smooth, rich chocolate is hard to beat. Enjoy this fun way to dress up our delicious Oatmeal Cranberry.
- 1 package of Sweet Loren's Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Dough
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place Sweet Loren’s cookie dough discs on a cookie sheet (line with parchment paper for easier clean up and so cookies don’t stick to sheet).
- Bake until light golden brown, about 14-16 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, and let cool.
- In a small bowl, melt coconut oil and chocolate together in microwave or in a medium heavy pan over low heat, mixing often.
- Once chocolate is melted, dip half of each cookie in the melted chocolate and then lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (so cookies don’t stick).
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on the melted chocolate part of the dipped cookies, and let sit until chocolate hardens. Will harden fast if put in the freezer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!