One of our favorite summertime fruits is here: blackberries! So, we created a quick and easy seasonal dessert that has the freshness of blackberries and the irresistible crunch of a crumble topping. All you need is a couple ingredients and our Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie dough (that doubles as the base for the bars and the delicious crumble topping). These bars are great for kids of all ages, summer parties and picnics. Excited to see you get baking!
- 1 package of Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie dough (Tip: If you keep the cookie dough out of the fridge for a little bit, it'll be easer to bake with)
- 2 cups blackberries, washed and dried
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend (of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup cane sugar (of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place 9 of the 12 Sugar Cookie discs into a baking pan (we recommend using an 8x8” pan and placing parchment paper down first to avoid sticking).
- Use your hands to flatten the dough until it evenly covers the base of the pan (it will be about ½” thick).
- Bake until light golden brown, about 12-14 mins. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the blackberries with the lemon juice.
- In another small bowl, combine the remaining 3 sugar cookie discs, flour, lemon zest, and sugar until the dough starts to become a dry, crumbly consistency.
- Evenly place blackberries across the cooled Sugar Cookie base.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the blackberries.
- Bake until the crumble appears golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then cut into squares or triangles. Serve alone, with whipped cream or ice cream of your choice. Enjoy!