Here’s an easy, delicious way to make zesty Lemon Bars using Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough as the base. The tangy lemon filling is made from only a couple ingredients, and is both sweet and refreshing, making these Lemons Bars the perfect dessert for Spring or Summer!
- 1 package of Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend (of your choice)
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting on top
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the package of Sugar Cookie discs into a baking pan (we used an 8×8” pan and placed parchment paper down first to avoid sticking).
- Use your hands to flatten out the dough until it covers the base of the pan (will be about ½” thick).
- Bake for 12-14 mins until light golden brown. Take out of the oven, and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk cane sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour in a bowl until well blended.
- Pour lemon filling into cooled crust.
- Bake tart until filling is set, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into triangles or squares for easy serving. Enjoy!