Black Forest Mini Brownie Cakes
We partered with our friends Loreto & Nicoletta, from @sugarlovesspices, to create these easy and quick-to-whip-up Black Forest Mini Brownie Cakes!
Recipe & images by @sugarlovesspices.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream or coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5–6 pitted cherries (fresh or frozen), cut into quarters
- Maraschino juice or cherry liqueur, as garnish
- 6 maraschino (or regular) cherries, for topping
- Dark chocolate, for shaving on top
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray a muffin tin with baking spray and use a brush to coat the tin well.
- Place one portion of cookie dough into muffin slots. You will have 12 all together.
- Put the muffin tin on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes for a soft and gooey texture.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack.
- While mini cakes are cooling, whip the cream with the vanilla and maple syrup to a medium-stiff consistency. Toss in quartered cherries and mix with a spatula.
- Take one of the brownies, concave side up, drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of maraschino juice or cherry liqueur.
- Then, spoon 2 teaspoons of whipped cream/cherry mixture into the middle of the brownie, and top with another brownie, concave side down. Push down gently until the cream comes to the sides.
- Spoon or pipe another couple teaspoons of whipped cream (try to get only the whipped cream without cherries).
- Smooth over top, grate dark chocolate over the surface, and place a maraschino cherry in the center. Repeat this until all 6 mini cakes are done. Enjoy!