Black Forest Mini Brownie Cakes
We partered with our friends Loreto & Nicoletta, from @sugarlovesspices, to create these easy and quick-to-whip-up Black Forest Mini Brownie Cakes!
Recipe & images by @sugarlovesspices.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream or coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5–6 pitted cherries (fresh or frozen), cut into quarters
- Maraschino juice or cherry liqueur, as garnish
- 6 maraschino (or regular) cherries, for topping
- Dark chocolate, for shaving on top
Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray a muffin tin with baking spray and use a brush to coat the tin well.
Place one portion of cookie dough into muffin slots. You will have 12 all together.
- Put the muffin tin on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes for a soft and gooey texture.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack.
While mini cakes are cooling, whip the cream with the vanilla and maple syrup to a medium-stiff consistency. Toss in quartered cherries and mix with a spatula.
- Take one of the brownies, concave side up, drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of maraschino juice or cherry liqueur.
- Then, spoon 2 teaspoons of whipped cream/cherry mixture into the middle of the brownie, and top with another brownie, concave side down. Push down gently until the cream comes to the sides.
Spoon or pipe another couple teaspoons of whipped cream (try to get only the whipped cream without cherries).
Smooth over top, grate dark chocolate over the surface, and place a maraschino cherry in the center. Repeat this until all 6 mini cakes are done. Enjoy!