Apple Pie Bites
We’ve transformed our Sugar Cookie Dough and a few fresh, seasonal ingredients into these mini Apple Pie Bites.
These Mini Apple Pie Bites will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Next time you’re entertaining, try serving these delectable morsels a la mode! Combine fresh apples with our Sugar Cookie Dough baked into this mouth-watering favorite that will satisfy your sweet tooth and fill your home with it’s warm, inviting aroma.
They are delicious any time of year but are especially enjoyed as a classic Fall Baking Recipe.
- 1 1/2 packages Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 5 large apples, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes (we used a mix of Honeycrisp and Granny Smith Apples)
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar or cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 325F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Fill the 24-count mini cupcake pan(s) with mini muffin liners. You can skip this step if using a silicone pan.
- Break each cookie disc into 2 pieces and press one piece into the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Repeat with remaining cookie dough until all 24 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies have risen and edges are lightly golden.
- Cool pan for at least 15 minutes. If the sides of each cookie aren’t flat, press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, make the apple pie filling. In a medium pot over the stove, combine the chopped apples, brown sugar, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, tapioca starch and lemon juice. Turn the stove to medium-low heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
Spoon 1 heaping tablespoonful of the apple pie filling into each half-baked cookie cup.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 4 raw sugar cookie dough portions with the rolled oats. Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix again.
Crumble a bit of the oat-sugar cookie mixture over each mini muffin.
- Bake 11-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Cool the pan on wire cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Refrigerate the pan at least 1 hour before popping the Apple Pie cups out of the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Add a dollop of whipped cream and caramel sauce on top before serving. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store Apple Pie Bites in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.