- 1 and 1/2 packages Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 4 apples (we used Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples)
- Juice of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Place the Sugar Cookie Dough portions evenly around the pie dish then press it evenly into the bottom.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- While the crust is cooling, slice the apples into ¼ inch slices. Place the apple slices into a pot with the lemon juice and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, then simmer the apples for 5 minutes.
- Strain the apples and set aside to cool. Arrange the cooked apples in the pie crust, and drizzle with honey in between each layer.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon after baking. Serve with drizzled honey. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container or covered with foil in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Gluten Free, Sweet Loren’s