Apple Crumb Skillet
Warm your home and your taste buds with our Apple Pie Skillet.
Combine fresh seasonal apples with our Sugar Cookie Dough crumble baked into this mouth-watering favorite.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- ⅓ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use a regular 10-inch pan.
- Once oil is hot, add sliced apples with cinnamon. Saute over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until a bit softened.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the apples and cook another 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with apple juice. Mix in vanilla extract. Turn the stovetop heat off.
Use your spatula or tongs to arrange the partially cooked apples in an even layer in the cast-iron skillet. If you’re using a non-oven safe pan, you can transfer this mixture to a greased 8” baking pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough with rolled oats. Mix until it forms a crumbly topping mixture
Sprinkle the cookie-oat mixture over the top of the cooked apples.
- Bake in a 325F oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy as is or with a scoop of ice cream.
Pro Baking Tip: Store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.