Click Here to download a coupon for $1.00 off any Sweet Loren’s cookie dough flavor!
- Help! I threw away the baking instructions!
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart
- Bake at 300°F for 14-16 minutes. Cookies should be slightly underbaked with golden brown edges, making for a soft & chewy center. Let cool, and enjoy!
Remember: actual bake times may differ as oven temps vary so watch cookies closely.
- What makes Sweet Loren’s unique?
Sweet Loren’s all-natural cookie doughs are like no other. We are the only 100% whole grain, non-dairy, women business owned, and independently owned refrigerated place-&-bake cookie dough on the shelf! As true believers in the health benefits and superior taste of whole food ingredients, we make our products from the finest unrefined ingredients. We can promise that you won’t ever have to inspect our ingredient list for unhealthy fillers or ingredients that you can’t trust. We also promise to give back to our community in order to promote healthy lifestyles.
- My cookies aren't spreading out as much as I expected!
- The natural ingredients and 100% whole grain flours in our cookie dough bake homemade style, slightly thicker cookies. If you’d like a thinner cookie, simply press the discs of dough down on baking sheet to 1/4-1/2″ thick prior to baking. This will enable further spread. Bake following directions, and then enjoy!
- What are unrefined ingredients?
Unrefined ingredients are whole food ingredients. When you refine food, nutrients get stripped out – leaving food less nutritious. Unrefined ingredients get broken down more slowly by your body, not causing your blood sugar level to spike. They are also more nutrient dense – full of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- What makes Sweet Loren’s ingredients better for you?
We believe that every ingredient counts. We use ingredients like whole grains including white whole wheat flour, whole oat flour, and thick rolled oats; organic cane sugar and unrefined molasses; the best quality chocolate; natural peanut butter; dried cranberries; and sea salt.
- Are there nuts in your products?
Peanut Butter Chocolate contains peanuts, all regular (not gluten free) cookie doughs are made in a shared facility that also processes peanuts and tree nuts. Only the Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk is made in a nut free facility and contains no nuts.
- Does “Non Dairy” and “Dairy Free” mean the same thing?
No, these two labels are not interchangeable. “Non-dairy” means a product may contain 0.5% or less of milk by weight. “Dairy free” is not actually regulated but generally refers to products that do not contain any milk or trace amounts of milk protein. We don’t use milk or other dairy product in any of our cookie doughs but our regular line is made in a shared facility that also processes milk products so we include a “may contain” warning on our package for those with extreme allergies. Our OU Kosher Pareve Gluten Free Cookie Dough can be called Dairy Free because no dairy products are allowed into the facility.
- Why do you use Palm Oil?
We proudly use only sustainably sourced, RSPO certified palm oil.
We choose to bake with palm for many reasons. When done right, palm is the highest yielding vegetable oil on the planet! It produces 5-10 times more oil per acre compared to other oils like canola or soybean. Palm also provides a healthy form of fat (full of medium chain fatty acids, Vitamin E, powerful antioxidants, and contains no trans fats). Palm is naturally non GMO and provides a neutral taste in our dough, so that we can let the different flavors of our cookies shine.
We are aware of the problems that some other palm oil can bring to both communities and the environment, and we actively support only companies that have the highest sustainable methods in place. You can learn more about the RSPO certification here. The suppliers we use are not only RSPO certified, but go above and beyond the requirements. They adhere to strict policies around quality, the environment, occupational health and safety, social responsibility, respect for human rights and ethical conduct, and integrity in business.
- Are your products Kosher?
Yes, our regular line of cookie dough is certified OUD Kosher and our Gluten Free cookie dough is certified OU Kosher Pareve.
OUD Kosher means the product is made on dairy equipment, our regular cookie dough is made in a facility which also makes products containing dairy.
OU Kosher Pareve means the product made on equipment that has never touched ingredients containing dairy. All ingredients brought into our factory have to be OU Kosher Pareve certified.
- I see “Non Dairy” on the package, does that mean it’s vegan?
Our regular line of cookie dough contains eggs and thus is not vegan. Our gluten free cookie dough is the only vegan product Sweet Loren’s currently makes.
- Can you eat the cookie dough raw?
- We use pasteurized eggs in all of our all-natural cookie dough, and know very well that it is tasty, but please do not eat it raw.
- I have celiac’s disease, is it safe for me to eat your cookie dough?
Our Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough is made in a certified Gluten Free facility that is 100% free of wheat.
- What does “made on shared equipment” mean?
We want to be as transparent as possible with our consumers which is why you may find on some of our products a “made on shared equipment” warning. This means that although our products do not contain any of those ingredients in the recipe, our products are made in a facility that makes products that do contain those ingredients. All equipment is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between runs but we give our consumers that information so they can make informed decisions about the products they feel comfortable consuming.
- Can your products be kept frozen or refrigerated?
We recommend keeping our products refrigerated. Freezing works too, and keeps it fresh 2 months after the best by date on package. Sweet baking tip: When baking cookies straight from the freezer, add an additional 2-3 minutes to bake time.
- What does “MAY CONTAIN MILK” Mean?
We have the “May Contain Milk” statement in at the end of the ingredient listing on some of our products. We want to alert consumers that are concerned about milk that our products may be processed on lines that handle milk ingredients, but there is no milk in our recipe.
- What are GMO ingredients and do you use them?
A GMO, or genetically modified organism, is a plant, animal, microorganism or other organism whose genetic makeup has been modified using recombinant DNA methods (also called gene splicing), gene modification or transgenic technology. (source) We believe consumers should know exactly what is in their food and that GMO foods should be accurately labeled. We choose to source only non-GMO ingredients in our cookie dough because we believe that real, unprocessed food is the most delicious and healthiest for us to consume.
- Can you re-freeze your cookie dough?
- Cookie dough should not be re-frozen. Once it thaws completely, please keep dough in refrigerator and use within 1 week.
- Do you sell ready to eat cookies?
Contact us at email@example.com to learn about all of our capabilities.
- What is Xanthan Gum?
Xanthan Gum is a must-have for many gluten free recipes because it acts as a binder that helps hold dough together (which is what gluten does in other recipes). Xanthan gum is naturally occurring, tasteless, and you just need a little bit. It is an ingredient that comes in a white powder form, and helps to emulsify, thicken, and give rise to baked goods. We are grateful we have xanthan gum to help bind our delicious & proprietary Sweet Loren’s Gluten Free Flour Blend.
- What is Tapioca Starch?
Tapioca starch is made from grinding the pulp of the cassava root. It is an amazing whole food ingredient that acts as a natural thickener. It has a neutral taste, and we use it in our recipe to help bind our dough so that we don’t need to use eggs and can be vegan.
- What is Potato Starch?
Potato starch is made from potatoes and is used as a natural thickener. We love potato starch for it’s neutral flavor, light color, high fiber content, and health benefits. It’s another great way to replace gluten in our recipe.
- What is the best way to keep baked cookies?
- Since we don’t add preservatives, our baked cookies stay fresher if kept in an airtight container room temperature or frozen. If kept frozen, cookies will last two months. If kept at room temperature, cookies will last about a week.