Because everyone knows blondes have more fun 😉
I promise you’ll never look at blondies the same way again after making this decadent new version. Blondies are one of my favorite desserts, so I had fun making this creative upgrade. Start with a layer of everyone’s favorite Sweet Loren’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk cookie dough, and then top with an easy to make coconut-almond mixture, more chocolate, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Cut into little bars for an elegant presentation and great finger food. Your friends and family will think you spent all day in the kitchen, but your secret is safe with me!
- 1 package of Sweet Loren’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie dough
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the package of Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie discs into a baking pan (we used an 8×8” pan and placed parchment paper down first to avoid sticking).
- Use your hands to flatten out the dough until it covers the base of the pan (will be about ½” thick).
- In a bowl, combine coconut, almond flour, and maple syrup/honey.
- Spread the coconut-almond mixture on top of the cookie dough in the pan, and sprinkle sea salt and the chocolate chunks on top of it.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Take out and let cool. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!