We give this recipe two thumbs up!
Thumbprint cookies are one of those classic cookies that are here to stay. These cookies are so great because they’re easy & fun to make, and the possibilities are endless in terms of all the different types of thumbprint cookies you can make. They’re so pretty too. We are big fans of jam in the center, but you can really add just about anything to the center of your thumbprint cookie, and then bake. You could do different fillings for each cookie you bake in our package, or make all the same filling. Below is the simple recipe to follow using Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie dough as the base. We’re excited to see what you create, and what you put in the middle of your sugar cookie?
- 1 package of Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie dough
Ingredients for filling the center of your thumbprint:
- Raspberry jam + fresh raspberries (or your favorite jam)
- Almond butter + sliced almonds (or your favorite nut butter)
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Coconut macaroon filling
To make our Coconut Macaroon Filling, mix together all the ingredients below:
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour blend (of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place each Sweet Loren’s cookie dough disc on a cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb, create a little well in the center of a disc of dough (making sure to not go all the way through the dough).
- Then add a spoonful of your favorite filling to fill up the well. We like to add a fresh ingredient on top, for instance, we like to add a fresh raspberry on top of the raspberry jam filling once the cookies come out of the oven, or slivered almonds on top of the almond butter filling.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, let cool. Enjoy!