We all know cookies are a universal truth when it comes to favorite desserts. But even the most loyal cookie fans can get bored with the same, normal cookies every week (or every day, no judgment here!). So, what can you do with that pre-made cookie dough without just slapping it on a baking sheet and sticking it in the oven? Check out some of our favorite, quirky ways to make cookies fun again!
1. Cookie Cups – These are made so easy with Sweet Loren’s place and bake packages! Taking a cupcake pan, grease the inside of one of the molds, take one of the cookie dough rounds, and gently press it into the cupcake mold until it evenly covers the inside. Repeat this for the whole tray and place into an oven at 325 degrees F for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown! Let cool, then have fun filling the cups with yogurt, fruit, ice cream or any other filling of your choice!
2. Cookie Brownies – Get the best of both dessert worlds with this brownie hybrid. This is a perfect combo using both our Chocolate Chunk & Fudgy Brownie cookie doughs! Put the Chocolate Chunk cookie dough into a prepped brownie pan. Place the Fudgy Brownie cookie dough over top and then sprinkle with your favorite candies. Bake according to instructions, or until you can insert a toothpick without any raw dough coming up with it. Enjoy!
3. Cookie Milkshake – After baking your cookies, let them cool and crumble 2 measuring cups worth. Put the crumbles, some vanilla ice cream, and milk into a blender and blend until the shake is to your preferred consistency. This cool, sweet treat is great for a hot summer day!
4. Giant Skillet Cookie Cake – The cookie of all cookies! Grease a cast-iron skillet and press your cookie dough in until the skillet is filled. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookie is golden-brown and cooked all the way through. Serve immediately for some gooey yumminess, especially with chocolate chip cookie dough!
5. Cookie Waffles – If you’re sick of Plain Jane waffles in your waffle maker, next time spice it up with a few cookie dough pieces! Once you add the waffle batter into the waffle iron, drop 5 or 6 marble-sized pieces of cookie dough in. Then close and cook as usual! Except this time, your finished product will be a bit sweeter and a little more fun!