Can’t get enough pumpkin this time of year! If you didn’t know how well pumpkin and chocolate complement each other then you need to try this recipe. Velvety pumpkin with its subtle spices on top of a chewy chocolate chunk cookie crust- it’s a satisfying seasonal dessert. Transports well too once cut in squares! The whole recipe is so easy to put together, especially if you’re like me and always have canned pumpkin purée and cookie dough on hand 🙂
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 1 15oz can pumpkin pie puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, milk of choice, or coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp molasses or maple syrup
- 1 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Press chocolate chunk cookie dough into well grease 8×8″ or 9×9″ brownie pan to create the cookie layer on the bottom. I like the cut parchment paper and line the pan and sides with it so that it’s easy to remove once baked.
- In a large bowl, whisk first 5 ingredients together, creating a thick batter. Stir in starch and spices making sure to scrape down sides of bowl to blend completely. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter over cookie dough and bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is set, and a tooth pick inserted comes out just slightly moist.
- Let cool and then refrigerated for a couple hours. Remove from pan, cut into perfect squares and enjoy a seasonal treat!
From my kitchen to yours, Enjoy!