I love baking with fall flavors and discovering new ways to “clean up” those comfort foods with natural, whole ingredients that don’t weigh me down! This pumpkin pie is light without loosing its richness, plus the addition of a “cookie crust” is a delicious upgrade to classic pie crust.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of Sweet Loren’s Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Grease a 9” pie pan. Press Oatmeal Cranberry cookie dough into pan so dough covers bottom completely and up the sides.
2. Bake at 300F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, then press down the dough with the back of a spoon so that it’s compact in the pie pan.
3. Heat the remaining ingredients in a skillet over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken and slightly bubble. Turn off heat once thick and then pour into the prepared cookie dough crust. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until the filling has set.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!