I promise you’ll never look at blondies the same way again after making this decadent new version. Start with a layer of everyone’s favorite Chocolate Chunk cookie dough topped with a coconut-almond mixture and chocolate chunks. I used whipped egg whites to hold the topping together to make this layer light, fluffy, protein packed, and unbeatably delicious. Cut in little bars for an elegant preparation. The lucky recipients of these bars will think you spent all day in the kitchen (your secret is safe with me!)
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Grease an 8″x8″ brownie pan. Let cookie dough come to room temperature in package. Press all 12 discs of dough into bottom of pan and set aside.
- Add salt to eggs then whip with whisk attachment in standing mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of shredded coconut then combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Carefully fold egg mixture into the dry ingredients until evenly combined.
- Spread blondie mixture on top of the cookie dough in pan. Sprinkle with reserved coconut.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. When coconut on top is golden brown, take out and let cool.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!