Nothing says summer time like a fresh fruit cobbler! Here’s another great example of how easy it is to make a fool-proof crumble topping from Sweet Loren’s all-natural cookie dough!
For the topping:
- 1/2 package of Sweet Loren’s Oatmeal Cranberry place & bake cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
For the filling:
- 4 cups of blueberries
- 3 tablespoons flour (oat, whole wheat, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled (frozen even better) and diced
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Prepare the crust: Place flour, salt and butter in a food processor and blend until mixture appears sandy.
- Continue to process and slowly drizzle the ice water through the feeder. Stop adding water once dough begins to come together, this should take less than a minute. If dough appears wet or sticky, sprinkle with more flour. If dough is still crumbly when pressed together, pulse a few more drops of water into mixture.
- Pour dough onto a floured work surface, roll into a ball then flatten with the heal of your hand to form a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour minimum.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured work surface, until it’s just slightly larger than a 9 inch pie plate. Transfer to plate and trim edges to avoid overhang (or tuck under for a thicker crust!). Refrigerate for 1 hour or freezer for 20 minutes if short on time.
- Remove from refrigerator and place sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper on top of crust then fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights and aluminum foil and bake until just beginning to golden, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Turn oven down to 375.
- Combine ingredients for filling in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine ingredients for topping in a medium mixing bowl, blend by hand, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour blueberry mixture into the pie plate and bake for 15 minutes. Then top with oatmeal crumble mixture and return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes more, until oatmeal topping is golden brown, and filling is beginning to bubble.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!