Acai bowls are my absolute favorite breakfast! They’re beautiful, packed with nutrients, and keep you full and satisfied for hours. There are many ways to top these bowls, but this one has everything I dream of: acai base (with no added juice or sugar), mixed with protein, and then topped with fresh fruit, super seeds, nut butter, shredded coconut, and just a crumble of our oatmeal cranberry cookies for great added crunch. These bowls remind me of California, and that always brings a smile to my face.
- 1 baked Sweet Loren’s Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie, crumbled
- 2 packs of frozen acai
- 1 whole banana, plus ½ a banana sliced
- 1/4 cup milk (whole, almond, etc.)
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of your choice (almond, peanut butter, cashew, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Toppings you love like: goji berries, cashews, almonds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, fresh raspberries
1. In a blender, combine acai packets, banana, milk, spinach, nut butter, and protein powder. Blend until thick and creamy.
2. Pour acai smoothie mixture into a bowl. Decorate as you’d like with toppings that you love. My favorite is: oatmeal cranberry cookie crumbs, fresh raspberries, sliced bananas, shredded coconut, chia or hemps seeds. Serve immediately with a spoon to start the day off right.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!