Who knew how easy it could be to bake biscotti at home? We’ve done all the measuring and mixing for you! Just combine all the discs of the dough into a log, bake, slice, bake again, dip in melted chocolate and top with sliced almonds or coconut. I’ve never met someone that doesn’t love these. Great to make ahead for rainy day or unexpected guests.
- 1 package of Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk place & bake cookie dough
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 oz. semi sweet or dark chocolate chunks, chips or bar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 300F. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, arrange dough discs in a rectangle (2 discs x 6 discs). Start pushing dough together to form a log, making sure there are no air pockets left, forming a baguette shape. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown on top. It will spread a little bit, but that’s OK. Let cookie dough log cool completely.
2. With a bread knife, slice cookie log on a cutting board into 1/2” slices on the short side. Separate slices by 2” so they have room, and place them back on the baking sheet. Bake 10 more minutes until crunchy. Transfer biscotti to cooling rack and cool completely.
3. In a double boiler or heavy sauce pan, combine chocolate and coconut oil on low heat, just until melted, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. With new parchment paper lining the cookie sheet, dip top of biscotti (we went 1/4 of the way down) into the chocolate mixture and then sprinkle immediately with almonds. Place the finished biscotti on parchment paper and refrigerate or freeze for 10 minutes so chocolate hardens. Serve biscotti by itself or alongside your favorite warm beverage — tea, coffee, hot toddies, all pair well, and work perfectly for dunking!
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!