Let’s see what we get when we upgrade a classic dessert with Sweet Loren’s cookie dough. Simple ingredients in a pretty presentation, this trifle is gorgeous, healthy, easy to make, and will please any age. A dessert made with wholesome ingredients is always good in my book.
What you’ll need…
For the topping:
For the filling:
- 1 pint of yogurt
- 1 pint of blueberries, washed
- 1 pint of strawberries, washed, stem removed, and quartered
- 1 pint of raspberries, washed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Sweetener of your choice, agave or honey (to drizzle on top, if you’d like)
1. Bake 12 cookies, according to directions. Allow to cool then cut into bite size pieces, and place in a bowl.
2. Toast shredded coconut in a dry pan over medium heat for 2 minutes, until just lightly brown and fragrant. Transfer coconut to a small bowl.
3. To assemble trifle, sprinkle a layer of cookie bites on the bottom of a glass. Spoon a layer of yogurt over the cookies. Add a layer of raspberries. Repeat with layers of yogurt and alternating berries until nearing the top of the glass. Finish with a layer of cookie bites, top with shredded coconut and drizzle of agave or honey.
4. Serve immediately.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!