Make the perfect ice cream sandwich! All you need is your favorite ice cream and Sweet Loren’s cookies. Pick your favorite toppings, and place them in small bowls. Then, everyone can create their ultimate ice cream sandwich. It’s always better when you make it yourself!
What you’ll need…
For the sandwich:
For the filling:
- pint of ice cream (your choice)
- sprinkles, in a bowl
- cookie crumbs, in a bowl
- mini chocolate chips, in a bowl
- flaked sea salt, add a pinch to the ice cream sides if you love salty/sweet!
1. Bake cookies at 300F for 14-16 minutes, slightly under-baking. Let cool completely. Freeze cookies for 5-10 minutes if desired, so they’re easier to work with. By hand or in a food processor, crush 2 whole cookies into crumbs and place in a bowl. Put the mini chocolate chips and sprinkle toppings in separate bowls so it’s easy to roll sandwich in (you need to work fast when ice cream is involved!).
2. With a serrated knife, carefully cut pint in 1 inch slices to get the perfect ice cream sandwich filling. Place ice cream slices in-between cookies, and roll sandwiches in toppings. Tip: Create an ice cream sandwich bar, and let kids/guests make their own!
3. Serve immediately or freeze wrapped in wax paper for a refreshing dessert for later, or rock star host gift!
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!