A refreshing snack or dessert (or dare we say breakfast!), this frozen yogurt pop is super easy to make and so delicious. Balsamic roasted strawberries elevate flavor; cookies add a nice texture; and chia seeds add omega-3s, fiber and protein. Keep these frozen to just grab & go whenever you crave. Here’s a refreshing better-for-you pop, you can make yourself.
What you’ll need…
For the pops:
- popsicle set
- 3 baked Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 pint of unsweetened plain yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 375F, spread strawberries on baking sheet and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Roast for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Mix yogurt, maple syrup and chia seeds in a bowl, and let sit for 10 minutes. Chia seeds absorb liquid, so they’ll thicken the yogurt up very well.
3. In a blender, pulse the cooled strawberries and cookies together for a chunky consistency. Take the popsicle set and fill bottom 1/3 with strawberry mixture, then fill the rest with the yogurt mixture. Secure popsicle tops and place in the freezer. Wait at least 4 hours before digging in so that popsicles are completely frozen. Popsicles will last one month frozen.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!