Hearty oats, fresh fruit, and Sweet Loren’s cookie dough…this recipe has got it all! A definite crowd pleaser with family and friends, pairing fruit and cookie crumble seems to always do the trick. Make sure you’re using ripe fruit for the best flavor. Making a crumble topping from scratch can be deceptively hard, but using Sweet Loren’s oatmeal cranberry cookie dough makes a flawless crumble every time!
What you’ll need…
For the topping:
- 1 package of Sweet Loren’s Oatmeal Cranberry place & bake cookie dough
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, slightly softened
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional, but highly recommended)
For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons flour (oat, whole wheat, etc.)
- 3 ripe apples, peeled/cored/diced
- 3 ripe pears, peeled/cored/diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 375F, and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator to let it come to room temperature. Combine apples and pears in a large bowl. Toss with cinnamon, ground nutmeg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and flour. Pour fruit mixture into prepared baking dish.
2. Without over-working the dough too much, blend the cookie dough, oats, butter/oil, and walnuts by hand, until it resembles coarse crumbs. Spread the oatmeal crumble mixture over the fruit in the baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes uncovered until golden brown on top, and fruit is soft when pierced with a knife.
3. Serve warm. Optional to add a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!